Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I have never been real big on New Year's resolutions, I tend to live for the moment and pursue the things I enjoy with gusto. However, I had a medical event on Dec. 30 that made making some New Year's resolutions seem appropriate, given the timing. So in 2010 I have resolved to:

1) Lay off the beer except on special occaisions (Jazz Fest would be one of those). So far I have stuck to this one, believe it or not.

2) Lay off other booze beyond one medicinal drink or small glass of wine. So far I violated this one once, on Sunday, but I was having a gout attack from Hell at the time. Yesterday I went to the clinic and got that taken care of.

3) Get in the gym again; it has been way too long.

4) Drop 50 pounds. This one will only be tough if I regress on the other 3.

Wish me luck and feel free to ask for progress reports; I need the moral support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment