Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sarah Palin

Someone recently asked me via e-mail what I thought about the soon-to-be-ex-governor; I decided to share my reply here.

I think Sarah Palin IS exactly what this country needs; she was a real breath of fresh air in the campaign and probably swung a lot of conservative votes to McCain. She seems to want what is best for the country and to be willing to take on both parties as well as big business. Despite the constant blathering by the left, she is very smart and a very astute, able politician. I believe that the amount of hate that the left and the mainstream media direct at someone is in direct proportion to how much that person scares them, and therefore that Sarah is the left's worst nightmare. As far as her vacating the governor's seat, I believe she had valid reasons:

- she would have been a lame duck as she had no intention of running again; this gives her lieutenant gov. a chance to step in and prove himself before he runs for re-election;

- she was under constant attack, mainly from the left. She has had to defend herself - successfully - against something like 15 or 16 corruption charges;

- defending herself has not only cost her personally some $500,000 but has probably cost the state millions, not to mention all of the time that it has wasted;

- she has endured personal attacks and attacks against her family that would be enough to make anyone nuts.

It cracks me up to no end that people said she was underqualified to be the veep but those same people seem to think that the community organizer and professional campaigner we have in the White House is eminently qualified to be there. The double standard will never cease to amaze me. I heard some elitist bimbo yapping that she was "uneducated" because she went to a state school whereas Barack is "educated" because he was brainwashed... I mean indoctrinated.... I mean "educated" at Harvard. Barack the "brilliant Constitutional lawyer" who, as far as I can tell, either never actually read it or else dismisses it as passe.

I don't know what she plans to do next - neither a book nor a lucrative speaking tour would surprise me a bit, and she deserves to make some $$$ - I have my doubts about whether she plans to run in 2012 though; if anything I would expect here to run for the Senate. Hopefully she will continue to be a force for positive change, we definitely need people like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment